How to send automatic replies using Outlook 2016 (older versions of Outlook have a very similar process to this)
You can either do this ahead of time and schedule the out of office system, or set it up so that it comes on straight away.
- Open your Outlook application.
- Click on File.
- Click on Info.
- Click the Automatic Replies button.
6. Select the Send automatic replies option.
7. Check the Only send during this time range option.
8. Use the “Start time” picker to select the day you’re planning to leave work.
9. Use the “End time” picker to select the day you’re planning to return to work.
6. Use the “Automatic replies” box to create a custom out-of-office message that senders will get in the automatic reply.
If you’re setting up automatic replies for your work account, two messages boxes will be available, including Inside My Organization and Outside My Organization.
- Click the Inside My Organization tab.
- Create a custom message that your work colleagues will receive during your time away.
- Click the Outside My Organization tab.
- Create a custom message that everyone will receive during your time away (or you can copy and paste the previous message you typed for the internal senders)
Once you complete these steps, depending on your configuration, emails you receive during your time away will get automatic out-of-office replies with your custom message. Please note that if you are using Office 365 or a similar business email system such as Exchange, your computer does not need to be switched on to send the out of office replies.
Out of office will reply to every email you receive, including replying to newsletters, marketing emails, and spam messages, so please make sure not to include a lot of personal information in the response message.
If you have any queries or problems setting the out of office replies up, please contact us at email@example.com (Cloudspark IT support clients only)